We finished setting up our Christmas tree, and sat down to celebrate with a glass of eggnog, while listening Christmas music coming from the TV music station. As we rested Linda just asked me that question that I had been side tracking, “You haven’t told me yet what you want for Christmas. Do you want something for photography?”
I hadn’t thought about what I wanted. And regarding anything to do with photography, if I thought I could afford it, I would usually just get it for myself.
I had been enjoying the tree, and the Christmas music, but as far as a gift for me, especially, “something for photography” left me at a loss of what to say, so I replied, “I suppose I want everything and anything that will fit my camera.”
I watched the train go round the tree, and I listened to the music, but I am still thinking about what I should tell my wife.
In keeping with that subject, I decided to pose that question to some photographers I know. There are so many different genres of photography with different ideas on what would be the perfect photography gift for each. I edited them and selected twelve in keeping with the tradition of twelve days of Christmas.
I am sure readers have their own Christmas list, however, here are some items that I picked out for this year.
(1) I had more than one person say, “I would like to move up to a newer model.” And their discussion for preferring full or cropped frame is always fun. The first on this list is one of many that wanted a particular camera. I think a photographer would have to have been real good to deserve this.
(2) I wasn’t surprised with this one, “I asked Santa Claus for the new Tamron 150-600mm lens.”
(3) When I heard this from a very serious photographer I thought, “me too”, “There is a new program called Aurora I would really like to try out over the Xmas Holidays.”
(4) More than one photographer upon retiring has gone this way so I wasn’t surprised with when some said, “After all these years of packing around a big DSLR, I would really like Santa to give me a small, lightweight Mirrorless camera.”
(6) Hey, this idea is just smart, “I’ve asked for gift cards, better chance of getting some of those than the Nikon D500 I really want.”
(7) “A new graphite tripod would be great to find under the Christmas tree.”
(8) I have my fingers crossed for this person, “A new camera backpack to hold the 70-200mm lens I hope I am getting.”
(9) A budding portraitist said, “I am hoping for several things this Christmas. A flash, a wireless off-camera trigger and a light stand with a softbox.”
(10) This is a great choice, “I really would be happy if I could get a macro ring flash for Christmas.”
(11) And I thought, “well of course” with this, “I think I’ll request that Santa Claus puts a couple of good quality, 32GB memory cards in my stocking.”
(12) This last one is practical for both portraiture and garden photographers “I’d be happy with a 5-in-1 collapsible reflector.
Personally, I could suggest many of the previous, but there are two photographers in our household and there needs to be some money left for my wife. So I’ll to put more thought into this before I reply.
There is still time to get your list to Santa. Good luck and Merry Christmas.
Nice 😀 and very beautiful images!
Thanks and Merry Christmas.
LikeLiked by 1 person
For you too 🎄
Cool ideas Enman, (I have the Aurora software, but find I rarely use it, can’t get away from LR and PSCC lol.)
Hi fragg, I just got Luminar. I have moved it seamlessly into my Photoshop/Niksoftware workflow. I tried Aurora’s trial and its better than Photomax for my uses.
LikeLiked by 1 person
that’s a new one on me! I am determined not to buy anymore software lol, I have too many I don’t use now!
Excellent read John. Your tree looks fantastic!
Thanks Chris, Now if I can just find a Yashica to put under it. Oh, Merry Christmas to you.
I have been enjoying your photographs and your blog posts. Merry Christmas John
Thanks Trent. A Merry Christmas to you.
Beautiful pictures of your tree and blow ups. You and Linda have a wonderful Christmas. I hope Linda can read your mind for what you want…lol
Thanks Diane, glad you liked our tree. And with regards to xmas, I just get what I want and tell Linda its my prez from her. Yu guys have a good Christmas.
I love your list!
LikeLiked by 1 person